Monday, May 10, 2010

Keith Haring Art Project

I thought I'd revisit this lesson from a few years ago. It's a perfect lesson to get you through an end-of-the-year slump. 5th graders love the graffiti nature of this project. To expedite completion, use a smaller size paper.
Fifth and Sixth grade students love Keith Haring! They are inspired by the simplicity of his action figures and influenced from his break dancing and graffiti like-art.
As a teacher, I love this lesson. I pass out a container full of prisma-color markers and let the kids go wild! I only have a few tips for this type of lesson. Practice drawing the Keith Haring figure first and then tell the kids to color in their figures with a solid color.
We brainstormed over backgrounds, but mostly I wanted the kids to come up with their own. We spoke about color and energy, but really, the kids got it.



2 comments:

remei said...

blog molt interesant. Desde Barcelona et dono les grĂ cies per poder compartir el teu treball exquisit.

K-Sue said...

This looks like such fun! I definitely want to do some Keith Haring-inspired art next year - or maybe this summer...?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin