Saturday, November 24, 2007

Molas Art Lesson using Markers and Paper





One of the best books I have used for ideas for my art classes is Dynamic Art Project for Kids by Denise Logan. It has many doable art lessons for elementary kids. The Molas above came from the book as is one of my favorite lessons. I did this lesson with fourth grade kids but feel it might be better with fifth or sixth grade. The book has black and white drawings you can photcopy and use for aides as well as great step-by-step instructions.
I've altered many projects to best suit the grade levels of my students as well as come up with slightly differnt ways to do the lessons.
The art projects above were done by Mr. Montgomery's fourth Grade class at Foothill School.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I looked at a couple of your sample molas before we started designing them in my fourth grade art class 2 weeks ago. I like the multicolored paper strips your students used in the background.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin